Re: TODO list comments

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TODO list comments
Date: 2005-08-25 06:50:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Aug 25, 2005, at 10:58 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

>> * %Remove CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER
>>
>> This was used in older releases to dump referential integrity
>> constraints.
>>

> Do we really want to remove it, and thereby guarantee we can't load
> dumps from those old releases?

Also, I believe CONSTRAINT TRIGGERS are the only way to provide
transaction level (rather than statement level) referential
integrity. I've used this in the past. The SQL command reference page
mentions that it's not for general use, but it'd be a shame to remove
it before there's an alternative way to provide transaction level
referential integrity.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com