Re: TODO list comments

From: Matt Miller <mattm(at)epx(dot)com>
To: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TODO list comments
Date: 2005-08-25 14:29:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 15:50 +0900, Michael Glaesemann wrote:
> >> * %Remove CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER
> >>
> > Do we really want to remove it,
>
> Also, I believe CONSTRAINT TRIGGERS are the only way to provide
> transaction level (rather than statement level) referential
> integrity.

Don't deferrable foreign keys give you transaction-level referential
integrity? From the SET CONSTRAINTS doc:

Synopsis
SET CONSTRAINTS { ALL | name [, ...] } { DEFERRED | IMMEDIATE }
Description
SET CONSTRAINTS sets the behavior of constraint checking within the
current transaction. IMMEDIATE constraints are checked at the end of
each statement. DEFERRED constraints are not checked until transaction
commit.