Oracle Migration. Don't Care about the Corbomite Maneuver, Spock.

From: "Mohan, Ross" <RMohan(at)arbinet(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Oracle Migration. Don't Care about the Corbomite Maneuver, Spock.
Date: 2005-03-30 00:35:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Postgres'ers,

Oracle newbie to PG here, curious about best books and online
resources. A *lot* of what I am finding in google is one to four
year old p*ssing contest with MySQL vs. Postgres (don't care)
or "Why doesn't PostGres support five level hypergalactic triple ACID
Phase Inverters on the Debian/Slack Leenucks 3.0(a) kernel" (also
don't care, at least yet ;-))

Just have a small oracle db to move over to PG. And I want it
to go well, be robust, manageable etc. So...that's the kind
of book/community I am looking for.

Any pointers?

Thanks In Advance!

Ross Mohan