Re: Proper relational database?

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Guyren Howe <guyren(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proper relational database?
Date: 2016-04-22 20:20:41
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 12:54 PM, Guyren Howe <guyren(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> The SQL language is terrible but we can live with it.

​If anything, and especially something as pervasive and esoteric as SQL,
makes you question your desire to live please get help.​

> But the answer to "Are there any relational data stores that offer
> eventual consistency, easy distribution, schema-on-demand or any such
> things a large modern application can use?" appears to be no. And that's
> just awful.

​The axiom "a bird in hand is worth two in the bush" comes to mind here.
This applies even if the bird-in-hand is ugly and the glimpses of the ones
in the bush indicates they are beautiful.

David J.