Re: WIP: About CMake v2

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: WIP: About CMake v2
Date: 2015-08-28 17:51:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

It's broadly interesting, but since it bakes in a build dependency on
CMake, there is some risk that the dependencies become an insurmountable
problem.

(Does CMake run on a VAX 11/780?? :-))

It is probably worth a try, to see what improvements arise, albeit with the
need to accept some risk of refusal of the change.

The experiment is most likely necessary: we won't know the benefits without
trying.

If the results represent little improvement, there will be little or no
appetite to jump through the dependency hoops needed to get the change
accepted.

On the other hand, if there are big gains, that encourages pushing thru the
dependency issues.