Re: Streaming replication for psycopg2

From: "Shulgin, Oleksandr" <oleksandr(dot)shulgin(at)zalando(dot)de>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Streaming replication for psycopg2
Date: 2015-06-30 14:42:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers psycopg

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 5:49 PM, Shulgin, Oleksandr <
oleksandr(dot)shulgin(at)zalando(dot)de> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 2:23 PM, Shulgin, Oleksandr <
> oleksandr(dot)shulgin(at)zalando(dot)de> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've submitted a patch to psycopg2 to support streaming replication
> protocol (COPY_BOTH): https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/pull/322
> >
> > It would be great if more people had a chance to take a look and provide
> feedback about it. In particular, please see example usage at this github
> comment[1]. Some bikeshedding is really needed here. :-)

Hello again,

I have updated the pull request above to address the feedback I've gathered
from using this construct internally and from other sources. Now included,
the lower level asynchronous interface that gives the user more control,
for the price of doing select() and keeping track of keepalive timeouts
manually.

It would be nice if someone could review this. The final look can be found
by using this link (docs included):
https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/pull/322/files

Thanks.
--