tds_fdw for Sybase and MS SQL Server

From: Geoff Montee <geoff(dot)montee(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: tds_fdw for Sybase and MS SQL Server
Date: 2014-04-06 14:03:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

If anyone is interested, I've developed a foreign data wrapper that can be
used to connect to Sybase databases and Microsoft SQL Server. You can get
it on GitHub here:

https://github.com/GeoffMontee/tds_fdw

I did my testing with FreeTDS, an open source TDS library.

I've talked to Greg Smith about this in the past. I don't really have the
expertise or resources to develop and test this much more than I already
have. If anyone likes it and would like to take over "ownership" of the
code, feel free to do so.

I actually developed this over a year ago, so it doesn't support write
operations added in PostgreSQL 9.3.

By the way, thanks to everyone who spoke at PGConf NYC 2014. It was very
informative.

Geoff Montee