Re: GSoC 2015 - mentors, students and admins.

From: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Kevin Grittner <kevin(dot)grittner(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: GSoC 2015 - mentors, students and admins.
Date: 2015-03-18 14:06:47
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

On 9 February 2015 at 20:52, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Google Summer of Code 2015 is approaching. I'm intending on registering
> PostgreSQL again this year.
>
> Before I do that, I'd like to have an idea of how many people are interested
> in being either a student or a mentor.
>
> I've volunteered to be admin again, but if anyone else has a strong interest
> of seeing the projects through this year, please let yourself be known.
>
> Who would be willing to mentor projects this year?
>
> Project ideas are welcome, and I've copied many from last year's submissions
> into this year's wiki page. Please feel free to add more (or delete any
> that stand no chance or are redundant):
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2015
>
> Students can find more information about GSoC here:
> http://www.postgresql.org/developer/summerofcode

Any students planning on participating this year will need to register
by 19:00 UTC Friday next week (27th March). Please ensure that you
also submit your proposal. The proposals will be reviewed based on
how well planned they are (description, use case, implementation plan,
milestones etc.), the feasibility of completing it as part of a GSoC
project, and whether the proposal is desirable. Please do not make
submissions without a clear proposal of what you plan to do as these
will not be considered.

If you need assistance with anything in the meantime, please get in contact.

Thanks

Thom