Re: Help to Install Postgre SQL

From: Francisco Olarte <folarte(at)peoplecall(dot)com>
To: Abdallah Farouk <abdallah-farouk(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Help to Install Postgre SQL
Date: 2020-04-02 08:33:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Abdalah:

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 9:01 AM Abdallah Farouk
<abdallah-farouk(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I have been trying many times to install Postgre SQL but every time I uninstall and re-install I fail.
> I am new in the world of SQL and have no much computer science background to fix this issue or understand the solution I have read on the internet.

This does not seem like a bug, but more like some kind of pilot error
( not try to offend, you declared yourself as a novice, novice make
mistakes, we've all been there ).

Your chances of getting help will be much higher if you post your
question in any of the non-bug lists, like general or novice ( you
have a list of them in https://www.postgresql.org/list/ ).

Also, be it a bug or an error, your chances of getting useful
information. In your case, an installation error, this will be things
like "I'm trying to install postgres {the version you are installing}
on { your operating system} with an installer I downloaded from {your
dowload location, and the exact url if possible} and got this
problem". Installation problems tend to be operating system / version
/ installer specific, and people may not even look at your report if
you do not provide that kid of info ( as it is normally impossible to
solve without that ).

Francisco Olarte.