Re: CF3+4 (was Re: Parallel query execution)

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Phil Sorber <phil(at)omniti(dot)com>
Cc: Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CF3+4 (was Re: Parallel query execution)
Date: 2013-01-22 00:31:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 6:23 PM, Phil Sorber <phil(at)omniti(dot)com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 8:18 AM, Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>> Here's a breakdown based purely on the names from the CF page (i.e. I
>> didn't check archives to see who actually posted reviews, and didn't
>> take into account reviews posted without updating the CF page).
>
> FWIW, I reviewed at least one at the point you did this survey, and I
> did update the CF page, but I didn't put my name into that box marked
> reviewers because it is an extra step (Edit Patch) that isn't
> immediatly obvious. Isn't there a way to automatically populate that
> based on people linking in their reviews?

Sadly, the CF application doesn't have access to the user name -> real
name mappings. And while it's only mildly annoying that the updates
are displayed under user name rather than realname, showing username
for the author and reviewers fields would be really annoying,
especially because not all patch authors necessarily even have
accounts.

> I guess it might be
> difficult when a CF manager comes along to add them and they aren't
> their reviews.

That's also an issue.

--
Robert Haas