postpone next week's release

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-core <pgsql-core(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postpone next week's release
Date: 2015-05-29 18:02:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I think we should postpone next week's release. I have been hard at
work on the multixact-related bugs that were reported in 9.4.2 and
9.3.7, and the subsequent bugs found by code-reading, but getting them
all fixed by Monday doesn't seem realistic. Such fixes should have
careful review, and not be dashed into the tree under time pressure.

We could do the release anyway to relieve the pain caused by the
fsync-pgdata hard-failure problem, but it seems to me that if we do
that, we're just going to end up having to do yet another release
almost right away. I think it would be better to wait and do one
release that fixes both sets of issues.

Thoughts?

--
Robert Haas