Largest PostgreSQL 8.x DB someone is running?

From: Keaton Adams <kadams(at)mxlogic(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Largest PostgreSQL 8.x DB someone is running?
Date: 2008-09-22 04:14:56
Lists: pgsql-general

What is the the largest PostgreSQL 8.x database that is running in a production environment that you are aware of? We top out at roughly 400 GB but have a need for a new project to go much, much larger (in the several TB range). I am attempting to get a feel for how large one should take a single PostgreSQL database, given all of the operational concerns such as overall performance with a thousand+ concurrent users, times/space requirements for backups and restores, how to upgrade to newer upcoming versions of the software, etc. especially since there are no parallel operations/features in the product.

Any information you can provide would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Keaton