Re: First Draft of 8.2 Release

From: Shane Ambler <pgsql(at)007Marketing(dot)com>
Subject: Re: First Draft of 8.2 Release
Date: 2006-08-31 09:50:23
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 31/8/2006 2:55, "Lukas Kahwe Smith" <smith(at)pooteeweet(dot)org> wrote:

> Josh Berkus schrieb:
>> Folks,
>>
>> .... is in Press CVS:
>> http://pgfoundry.org/scm/?group_id=1000047
>>
>> or in Docs for those of you who don't have CVS access to the Press project:
>> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/233/first_draft.txt
>>
>> Your contributions to making it a good release are very appreciated.
>> Please read the notes at the top of the draft *before* commenting.
>>
>> Particularly, I'm looking for help on the best quotes for the release.
>> Bruce, you willing to own something like the quote I attribute to you? If
>> so, how would you re-write it?
>
> "PostgreSQL is also the first database to offer and early implementation
> this radically new join algorithm valuable for data mining and
> consolidation."
>
> this sentence is bumpy .. "and" => "an" "this" => "of this"

This would sound right to me -

"Full Disjunctions: Thanks to Google's Summer of Code, PostgreSQL is also
the first database to offer an early implementation of this radically new
join algorithm valuable for data mining and consolidation."

--

Shane Ambler
Postgres(at)007Marketing(dot)com

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz