Re: multibyte regression tests

From: "Luke Lonergan" <llonergan(at)greenplum(dot)com>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, "Ayush Parashar" <aparashar(at)greenplum(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: multibyte regression tests
Date: 2005-07-15 20:36:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew,

> Good. So should we roll this up into the standard regression suite? Why
> are these tests separate? Is it just that they need a UTF8 encoded db
> rather than an SQL-ASCII encoded db?

I think that was the idea - the src/test/mb kit was already there and was
designed to create the UTF8 database and controlled circumstances for a
conversion test, so we used it for the similar testing for COPY.

It could possibly be moved into the "make check" regression suite, if the
regression DB is always created with UTF8.

Ayush may be able to add to this.

- Luke