Re: Change Ownership Permission Checks

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Change Ownership Permission Checks
Date: 2005-07-15 19:45:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

> When writing this patch it occurred to me that we nuke our
> member-of-role cache for one-off lookups on occation. I don't
> particularly like that, especially when we *know* it's a one-off lookup,

Yeah. What I had been thinking about is that maybe it shouldn't be just
a one-element cache. At the moment though we have no performance data
to justify complicating matters (heck, not even any to prove we need a
cache at all...) It'd be smart to try to profile some realistic cases
before spending any time coding.