Re: pgAdmin III under wxCocoa

From: Adam Witney <awitney(at)sghms(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: jm(at)poure(dot)com, Julian Smart <julian(dot)smart(at)btopenworld(dot)com>, "Adam H(dot) Pendleton" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III under wxCocoa
Date: 2003-09-30 09:40:16
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Ok, but I can't seem to find any mention of wxCocoa in the CVS?

I did manage to get wxWindows installed yesterday, but when I ran configure
from the pgadmin src I got

checking for libpq-fe.h... yes
checking pgsql in /usr/local/pgsql... failed
configure: error: you must specify a valid pgsql installation with
--with-pgsql=DIR

And the relevant part of config.log says

configure:4634: gcc -o conftest -Wall -g -O0 -DSSL
-I/usr/local/pgsql/include -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib conftest.c -lpq
/usr/local/pgsql/l
ib/libpq.a -lcrypt -lssl -lcrypto >&5
ld: can't locate file for: -lcrypt
configure:4637: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| #line 4610 "configure"

I don't think this part is a problem with the wxWindows part is it?

Adam

> Le Mardi 30 Septembre 2003 11:02, Adam Witney a écrit :
>> Is wxCocoa the same as wxMac? wxCocoa gives an unknown module error from
>> Thanks
>
> Dear Adam Witney,
>
> ./configure --help gives me:
>
> [...]
> --with-mac use Mac OS X
> --with-cocoa use Cocoa
> [...]
>
> Seems like we have to choose between --with-mac and --with-cocoa. I would say
> (without really knowing) that --with-mac is the compatibility layer of MacOsX
> to old Macintosh applications, whereas --with-cocoa is the native MacOsX
> interface.
>
> But this may well be the converse. Julian, could you tell us more about these
> issues?
>
> Cheers, Jean-Michel

believed to be clean.