Re: BUG #12749: WARNING: unrecognized node type: 701

From: dean deloach <deanelliotdeloach(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Mark Kirkwood <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #12749: WARNING: unrecognized node type: 701
Date: 2015-02-10 15:27:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs

thanks for the response Tom, I think the GP consultant made a mistake though, he should have wrote "unrecognized node"...but then again, I'm not privy to the GP-side trace-output logs, I'll check with him on that...still can't believe they think it's an ODBC error..

I saw the actual code you were referring to in utility.c, and the default for the CASE statement at the end, right along with the "unrecognized node type %d" error output message. I'm sure it's some bug/outdated bin on the GP side..I can't see how a SELECT statement against a DB would cause a skipped record, under any type of log setting in a DB

Thank you again, to both of you for the responses...really appreciate it a 'bunch, very helpful..