Re: plpgsql functions to 'C' functions

From: "Peter Manchev" <pmanchev(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: mike(at)fuhr(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plpgsql functions to 'C' functions
Date: 2005-02-03 13:31:47
Lists: pgsql-sql

I believe the functionality I need (hiding the function code from users)
will be provided with the implementation of the the following item from the
Postgresql todo list:

SERVER-SIDE LANGUAGES
-- Add Oracle-style packages

May be another future functionality will also help out, especially if the
permission system can hide all objects but the function signatures from
non-authorized:
-- Set proper permissions on non-system schemas during db creation

Until then, I have to figure out a way to implement it with the resources
available... like (hand) re-coding the plpgsql functions to 'C' functions :/
Here is where I'd like to get your expert opinions (thank you very much in
advance for all your efforts), so I can get started fast.

Thanks,
Peter