Re: Re: multiple hot standby streaming replication scenario with "rotating" the primary server

From: Gerhard Hintermayer <gerhard(dot)hintermayer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: multiple hot standby streaming replication scenario with "rotating" the primary server
Date: 2011-04-11 17:02:09
Lists: pgsql-admin

Because tests & docs say so:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/continuous-archiving.html#CONTINUOUS-ARCHIVING-CAVEATS
;-) Docs say that this might be fixed sometime.

Also when I try a SELECT statement on the new primary, which makes use
of an index, I get an empty result, even though the tuple is in the
table (by just listing all tuples and see if it is there)

Gerhard

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Kevin Grittner