Re: [ADMIN] ▌►connecting to OS user in the same db

From: raghu ram <raghuchennuru(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: H S <aras_h1988(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pesfandiar (at) gmail(dot)com" <pesfandiar(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] ▌►connecting to OS user in the same db
Date: 2011-04-07 06:10:52
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 8:42 AM, H S <aras_h1988(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Sirs,
>
> I would like more than one OS user can access the same DB in the same
> cluster.
>
> For a user like postgres I had these commands:
>
> # adduser postgres
> # mkdir /usr/local/pgsql/data
> # chown postgres /usr/local/pgsql/data
> # su -postgres
> $ ./initdb -D /usr/*/data --> here login as an postgres in terminal
> $ ./postgres -D /usr/*/data --> here login as an postgres in terminal, too.
>

> So when I want to access or issue the command :
> /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql postgres as an another OS user, what should I
> do?!

CREATE USER statement to create and configure a database user,which is an
account through which you can log into the database.

Create the respective OS users inside the database as follows::

psql=# create user test;

and then connect the PostgreSQL database using "test" user as follows::

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql -p 5432 -U test -d postgres

--Raghu Ram

SARA