Re: DB Import Error...

From: "Gnanakumar" <gnanam(at)zoniac(dot)com>
To: "'Kevin Grittner'" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <raghuchennuru(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: DB Import Error...
Date: 2011-04-07 09:39:19
Lists: pgsql-admin

> You can install two different versions of PostgreSQL in different
> directories, or you can run pg_dump from the machine which is your
> conversion target. We do both. We always build from source, and we
> use a --prefix on configure which includes the version. For
> example:

I even tried out the recommended upgrade technique also. That is, installed
new version (9.0.3 in this case) of PostgreSQL in a different directory in
the same machine and used pg_dump of this latest version to access the old
database (running 8.2.3 in this case) to take a dump and then imported into
9.0.3. Still I'm facing *exactly* the same set of errors after importing (as
I was getting before).

ERROR: constraint "xxxx" for relation "xxxx" already exist
There are 260 occurrences of this type of error.

How do I resolve/fix this problem at this stage? Since this issue we're
facing is with our Production database dump, timely suggestions/advice/help
to resolve this are highly appreciated.