Re: Newbe questions: Setting Passwords

From: Anatole Varin <anatole(at)aioros(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
To: John Clark Naldoza y Lopez <njclark(at)ntsp(dot)nec(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Newbe questions: Setting Passwords
Date: 2001-05-17 05:02:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
Thanks for your advice. I set my password as you advised below, however I'm
still having some problems connecting. When I try to connect I get the
following error message:

Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL 1: SetUserId: user 'password='
is not in 'pg_shadow'

When connecting I'm using username "postgres" and the password that I used
when I updated the pg_shadow file as suggested. Any ideas???