Moving from Transact SQL to PL/pgSQL

From: "Kevin Duffy" <kevin07(at)parkerglobal(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Moving from Transact SQL to PL/pgSQL
Date: 2005-01-24 17:14:22
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello:

I am starting a project using Postgres. The requirements are very similar to work I have done in the past using M$-SQL. Therefore, there are many Transact SQL stored procedures I need to port over to PL/pgSQL.

Where would I find documentation on PL/pgSQL, with examples?

How close to Oracle PL-SQL is Postgres? Would a Oracle PL-SQL book cover the basics?

Remember be kind to the newbee.

Kevin Duffy