Re: BUG #5601: cannot create language plperl;

From: Alex Hunsaker <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rene Novotny <novotny_r(at)egp(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5601: cannot create language plperl;
Date: 2010-08-05 15:26:47
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 00:13, Rene Novotny <novotny_r(at)egp(dot)cz> wrote:

> PostgreSQL version: 9.0 beta 4
> Operating system:   Win 7 64 bit
> Details:
>
> ERROR: Could not load library
> c:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.0/lib/plperl.dll
> unknown error 126

Near as I can tell that means it cant find a .dll or it is incompatible.

> For a memory reasons we need to use 64 bit Windows
> postgresql , you finally made one.
> But when we installed Activestate 64 bit perl 5.12 perl
> ( for 64 bit postgres i suppose 64 bit perl )
> it doesn't work. Please let me know , with what
> perl you compiled the plperl.dll on windows ( i suppose that ActiveState ).

If you are using the enterprisedb one click installer it looks like
you need to grab something that has perl510.dll (maybe activestate
5.10?) Just a guess, I dont have a windows machine here (or really
know anything about the windows build) I just downloaded the windows
.zip file and skimmed the contents of plperl.dll. Of course you are
always welcome to build your own postgresql if you need 5.12.