BUG #5601: cannot create language plperl;

From: "Rene Novotny" <novotny_r(at)egp(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5601: cannot create language plperl;
Date: 2010-08-05 06:13:08
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5601
Logged by: Rene Novotny
Email address: novotny_r(at)egp(dot)cz
PostgreSQL version: 9.0 beta 4
Operating system: Win 7 64 bit
Details:

ERROR: Could not load library
c:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.0/lib/plperl.dll
unknown error 126

For a memory reasons we need to use 64 bit Windows
postgresql , you finally made one.
But when we installed Activestate 64 bit perl 5.12 perl
( for 64 bit postgres i suppose 64 bit perl )
it doesn't work. We have thousands of Postgres
plperl functions and without working plperl we need to throw away years of
work. For us this is a serious bug
in PostgreSQL functionality ( plperl and plperlu is the best language that
postgres has over all commercial databases ). Please let me know , with what
perl you compiled the plperl.dll on windows ( i suppose that ActiveState ).
Before the final release of Postgres 9.0 we have to have it solved otherwise
it is a disaster for planning engaging Postgres in the infrastructure of our
company.

Thhanks a lot

Rene Novotny
UJV REZ software development