Re: Facing Problem in Autovacuuming Deamon....

From: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Deven <devendra(at)covacsis(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Facing Problem in Autovacuuming Deamon....
Date: 2010-06-22 16:38:37
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 5:50 AM, Deven <devendra(at)covacsis(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using Postgresql Database for our system storage and I am running
> Autovacuuming Deamon on my entire database. But on of the table set in my
> database never undergoes the Autovacuuming. I always need to do the manual
> vacuuming on that table.

The autovacuum daemon has thresholds for when it should vacuum a
table. Is it possible your table just doesn't have enough updates to
make autovacuum kick in?

What version pgsql are you running? What are your autovacuum_*
settings? What does pg_stat_user_tables have to say about last
vacuum, autovacuum, n_dead_tup, etc?

> Can anyone kindly tell me the solution for the same problem.Do I need to do
> any configurations to come out of this problem?

Normally autovac should just fire off a thread when needed