High availability with Postgres

From: Elior Soliman <elior(dot)soliman(at)correlix(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: High availability with Postgres
Date: 2010-06-20 16:36:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

My company looking for some solution for High availability with Postgres.

Our optional solution is as follows :
Two DB servers will be using a common external storage (with raid). Both
servers are going to use the same DB files on the storage (as
active/passive)

Now I'm trying to understand how Postgres can work with this configuration.
I.e :

DB_server1 crashed, so we want to start DB_server2 using same files.
Is it possible ?

Regards,
Elior