Re: Fwd: Extended query protocol and exact types matches.

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dmitriy Igrishin <dmitigr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Extended query protocol and exact types matches.
Date: 2010-12-10 16:16:10
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers pgsql-sql

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 2:53 AM, Dmitriy Igrishin <dmitigr(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> [ message that was forwarded to three mailing lists in an 12 hour period ]

Come on, give me a break! How quickly do you expect people to answer
your questions? It's reasonable to follow up if you haven't heart
anything in a few days, but this is ridiculous. And you might want to
follow up to the original list first, rather than a different one.
Like this: "I see that no one responded to this email... can anyone
help me out on this? If there's additional information that I should
provide, please let me know what would be helpful. Thanks!"

If you want people to give a higher priority to your questions than
they're willing to do for free, you need a commercial support
contract. If you want answers to routine questions within a handful
of hours, you probably need an *expensive* commercial support
contract.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company