Index Anding

From: "Hiltibidal, Robert" <Robert(dot)Hiltibidal(at)argushealth(dot)com>
To: "Shoaib Mir" <shoaibmir(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha" <ezequias(dot)rocha(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Joe" <dev(at)freedomcircle(dot)net>, "Andrew Sullivan" <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Index Anding
Date: 2007-01-31 14:56:21
Lists: pgsql-sql

Good Morning

I am considering postgres for a project I am currently using DB2 for.

The database is a 200 gb database on db2. The os is AIX 5.2 on a p5
series box with 2 processors and 7 gb ram. I have 300 gb in local scsi
mirrored and 300 gb of shark disk raid5.

The database is primarily an olap database we use for log analytics. DB2
does not seem to be olap friendly.

My questions are:

Does postgres provide for index anding?

In DB2 index anding is set up using a runstats command. If postgres
allows index anding is index anding set up with a similar runstats
command?

How does postgres handle tablespaces? I currently have my indexes going
to one table space with my data going to a different table space. Is
this possible in postgres?

Does postgres provide 64 bit support? If so is there a precompiled 64
bit version for AIX? I have the 32 bit GCC and can compile 32 bit. 64
bit GCC I have not gotten stabilized. (I cold use a tip in that
direction if anyone lese has experienced similar issues)

Those are the three big ones. I'll hold off on the other questions for
now.

Thanks!

-Rob

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL
This email transmission contains privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of the email is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination or copying of this email transmission is strictly prohibited by the sender. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete the email and immediately notify the sender via the email return address or mailto:postmaster(at)argushealth(dot)com(dot) Thank you.