SQL Statement too long

From: "Jayson Callaway" <jayson(dot)callaway(at)iona(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SQL Statement too long
Date: 2001-08-20 00:40:17
Lists: pgsql-sql

I am using Postgres 7.1.2 under linux with the JDBC drivers and Iam trying
to do an insert into a text field with about a 9K string of text. Does
anyone know why I would be getting an error back that says "The SQL
Statement is too long?

At first I though it was because I was creating the SQL statement as a
string used through the Statement class, so I tried using a
PreparedStatement, but I am still getting the same problem.

--
Jayson Callaway