Re: BUG #15706: Support Services page out of date

From: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Euler Taveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, jtara-github(at)spamex(dot)com
Subject: Re: BUG #15706: Support Services page out of date
Date: 2019-03-21 00:20:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-www

On 3/20/19 7:11 PM, Euler Taveira wrote:
> Em qua, 20 de mar de 2019 às 17:12, Jonathan S. Katz
> <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org> escreveu:
>>
>> I did an audit of it a few years back, we are due for another one (and
>> something on my TODO for this year). When I did the audit, it took
>> several weeks to review all of the listings, so without additional help,
>> "every x months" is not reasonable.
>>
> Jonathan, I appreciate your effort. I'm suggesting an automated way to
> check the list (send an URL by email for confirmation). If there is no
> response, stop to show that company. Company can always enable it
> again. Periodic notification can encourage companies to keep their
> info up to date. I'm not volunteering to do the work.

Some of the pgweb folks have discussed doing that before; it's not a bad
idea, and perhaps would cut down on some of the headaches.

If we went down that route, I think we would want to borrow from some of
the pgeu codebase, which I believe has reminder infrastructure set up,
and then apply it to this. If we went down this path, it'd be good to
apply it to products in the software catalog as well.

Jonathan