Re: Twelve days to feature freeze

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Twelve days to feature freeze
Date: 2004-06-19 05:31:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> writes:
> I am still hopeful that we can get a significant plperl improvement before
> feature freeze, including shared data space, set returning funcs,
> composite returning funcs, triggers and an spi query mechanism. It will be
> touch and go and we might not make the cut, but i'm going to try.

I think we're trying to discourage people from the "submit big patch
on June 30" mindset. If you've got any chance of making feature freeze
then you must have something fairly interesting already. Put up a
work-in-progress patch so that you can get some feedback sooner, instead
of later.

As an example, Alvaro's been putting up WIP patches for nested
transactions regularly. I have to admit that I personally have been
awful about giving him any feedback, but others have done more.