DBLink problems

From: "Oleg Lebedev" <oleg(dot)lebedev(at)waterford(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: DBLink problems
Date: 2002-09-27 16:56:34
Lists: pgsql-general

I was having problems with dbLink package earlier, but with your help I
was able to solve them with PostgreSQL v7.3b.
Now, I am trying to port my solution to v7.2.1, which I am currently
using. Every other time I run my procedures I get the following error:
before or while processing the request.

So, I have several questions in regards to this:
1. How can I debug this problem and find out what exactly is the cause
of the error?
2. Can I use dbLink, which comes with v7.3b with v7.2.1?
3. How stable is v7.3b and should I just move to it without trying to
port my procedures to v7.2.1?
4. Can I configure v7.3b to be able to use the same database as v7.2.1?
I tried and got an error saying that data dir was initialized by v7.2.1
and is not compatible with v7.3b

Thank you.