Re: [GENERAL] Trigger documentation? Need more examples.. pleeeze.. ; -)

From: Henrique Pantarotto <scanner(at)cepa(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Zakkr <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Trigger documentation? Need more examples.. pleeeze.. ; -)
Date: 1999-08-20 12:44:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Zakkr,

I wonder if you read my message. I am aware of the examples in the contrib/spi
directory, but they aren't enough for me. I'm looking for a more specific
trigger documentation, or more trigger examples.

I would like to know how, from a trigger C function, can I get the "old" and
"new" value for an updated field. Is this possible? How do I do that?

For example, if I do:

update users set username = "clinton" where id = "2400"

When the trigger is activated, is it possible to compare the OLD value and NEW
value of the field "username"?

Did you understand? ;-)

Thanks!

> > I'm new to PostgreSQL, but I've been using MySQL/mSQL for a long time now.
I > > switched to PostgreSQL mostly because of it's features: triggers,
specially. > >

--
Henrique Pantarotto
CEPAnet Internet Provider