Re: Why polecat and colugos are failing to build back branches

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, robert(at)logicalchaos(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why polecat and colugos are failing to build back branches
Date: 2011-06-14 22:09:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 06/14/2011 05:45 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I've committed patches that fix these issues on my own OS X machine,

> Well, OSX is just using our usual *nix paraphernalia, so if it's broken
> won't all such platforms probably be broken too?

Yes, certainly. The reason I specified OS X in particular is that I
only tested the darwin branch of Makefile.shlib. The -install_name
switch that was the problem there is specific to OS X, but I wouldn't
be surprised if some of the other branches have their own platform-
specific issues.

> I'd actually bet a modest amount MSVC is less broken

Very possibly, but unless it's being tested it's no sure bet.