Re: Merchandising, merchandising.. on the postgresql.eu site

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>, rod <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>, Tommy Gildseth <tommy(dot)gildseth(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no>, pgeu-general <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Merchandising, merchandising.. on the postgresql.eu site
Date: 2009-11-27 09:05:53
Lists: pgeu-general

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 9:21 PM, Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I'm no designer, but I've added some initial ideas to the wiki:
> http://wiki.postgresql.eu/wiki/Merchandise#Designs

Oooh, shiny :-)

Few thoughts:

- Using the blue elephant logo on a blue shirt is a recipe for
disaster, if the shades of blue don't match well (and it's likely they
won't). I'd use the white outline elephant on most coloured shirts in
fact (I'll see if I can find the graphics I produced for the black UK
conference shirts for you).

- Personally I prefer a more subtle logo/tagline on the breast fo the
shirt, rather than a huge one across it.

- On the sweatshirts, I like the sleeves and the tagline across the
back (though that has lost a couple of qualifying words). It could
perhaps use 'PostgreSQL' near it so people don't have to look at a
sleeve or the front to understand what the shirt is about.

- Like the footy shirt idea :-)

- Wot no:

BEGIN;
SELECT PostgreSQL();