Re: Sourceforge PG release

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Sourceforge PG release
Date: 2009-07-07 08:30:16
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 12:44 AM, Guido Barosio<gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Dave,
>
>   Perhaps they simply don't enjoy our community or they simply don't
> want to become a part of it, or they even don't know about the
> postgresql.org site! Not every single user of the PostgreSQL project
> is a member of the community.

They don't have to join the community if they get the code from us,
but others that don't know about it, and then download from sf.net
don't even get the chance to see what we have to offer.

I think we're of such a size now that we don't need an sf.net page to
drive people to us, but should get rid of it to avoid 'diluting' the
project.

--
Dave Page