Re: Server Status window work

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Server Status window work
Date: 2009-01-19 08:55:26
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 9:51 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:

> I found this bug report : http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/4841

Does the suggested fix work?

>> - The form underneath the AUI controls seems to have some drawing
>> issues on XP. The refresh bar is just about unusable for example.
>>

> Yeah. Even with this new patch, I still have this issue and no idea how
> to fix this. I tried the OnSize and OnEraseBackground methods, but that
> didn't fix it.

You might try sticking a panel on the form and then put the aui
notebook on that.

If we can't fix the GTK/wxAUI_NB_TAB_SPLIT bug it all seems a bit
academic though. That feature is what makes this worthwhile (the
ability to view multiple tabs on the status dialogue simultaneously -
for those that haven't been following closely :-p). I suppose we could
enable the feature just on Windows & Mac, but well, urgh...

Did you have any thoughts on the idea of changing the log viewer to a
text control instead of the listctrl?

--
Dave Page