Re: Server Status window work

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Server Status window work
Date: 2009-01-21 09:53:01
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page a écrit :
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 9:51 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>
>> I found this bug report : http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/4841
>
> Does the suggested fix work?
>
>>> - The form underneath the AUI controls seems to have some drawing
>>> issues on XP. The refresh bar is just about unusable for example.
>>>
>> Yeah. Even with this new patch, I still have this issue and no idea how
>> to fix this. I tried the OnSize and OnEraseBackground methods, but that
>> didn't fix it.
>
> You might try sticking a panel on the form and then put the aui
> notebook on that.

They are now on a toolbar and I still have the issue. I probably did
something wrong, I'll check this today.

> If we can't fix the GTK/wxAUI_NB_TAB_SPLIT bug it all seems a bit
> academic though. That feature is what makes this worthwhile (the
> ability to view multiple tabs on the status dialogue simultaneously -
> for those that haven't been following closely :-p). I suppose we could
> enable the feature just on Windows & Mac, but well, urgh...

The bug report I found is not really my issue. The fix proposed does not
work, and I also have the issue with XFCE/Gnome.

I don't think the issue is in our code because the aui sample from the
wxWidgets source tarball behave exactly the same (ie it crashes).

I personaly would prefer to commit the patch (when the toolbar issue is
fixed). Of course, the wxAUI_NB_TAB_SPLIT will be disable on Linux.
Remember we also have this issue on the other pgadmin's Window :
frmMain, frmQuery, frmEditGrid. They all crash if I try to move a pane.

> Did you have any thoughts on the idea of changing the log viewer to a
> text control instead of the listctrl?

I didn't try but it should work. We'll need to trash the columns code,
but it won't be a hard work.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org