Re: Re : Feature request: pgdump and version number / -i option

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Laurent ROCHE" <laurent_roche(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: "Sufficool, Stanley" <ssufficool(at)rov(dot)sbcounty(dot)gov>, "pgAdmin III support" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re : Feature request: pgdump and version number / -i option
Date: 2009-01-12 14:40:42
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Laurent ROCHE <laurent_roche(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:
> Still in my case (I assume other people too) pl/pgsql functions would not
> help as I work on a remote server from a workstation: I want the files on my
> workstation and not on a remote server that I only access for the database !

Presumably we'd be able to stream the output in a similar way to COPY.

In any case, there would have to still be a pg_dump style interface so
it could be used to dump from old server without needing a whole new
server. I would expect any server functions to simply be wrappers
around a llibrary of functions used by pg_dump. Not that this is the
right place or I the right person to be discussing this!!

--
Dave Page