Re: Bug tracker

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Mickael Deloison" <mdeloison(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug tracker
Date: 2008-09-25 11:06:58
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 10:14 AM, Mickael Deloison <mdeloison(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a suggestion: with the two Google Summer of Code projects (GQB
> and pgScript) I think that installing a bug tracker (and a feature
> request list) for pgAdmin should be a good idea. If there is a bug in
> one part of pgAdmin (GQB, pgScript or pgAdmin) we would be able to:
> 1) Categorize the bug or the feature
> 2) Send an email automatically to the person supposed to correct the
> bug / add the feature
> 3) Tell when the bug is fixed / the feature added
>
> What do you think about that?

It's something Magnus and I have talked about - the problem is there
are few good trackers out there imho. Bugzilla in particular which
many people seem to like is vastly over complicated for anything we'd
do.

We have also been discussing another topic which may be work rolling
into this discussion - that is, a move to git over svn (note that the
decision there is a yes/no one as far as I'm concerned - I have no
intention of looking at anything else).

--
Dave Page