Re: pgAccess via ssh?

From: Mike <1100100(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Oliver Fromme <olli(at)lurza(dot)secnetix(dot)de>
Cc: Ron St-Pierre <rstpierre(at)syscor(dot)com>, pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAccess via ssh?
Date: 2004-09-03 14:56:16
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 13:09:30 +0200 (CEST), Oliver Fromme
<olli(at)lurza(dot)secnetix(dot)de> wrote:
> However, in that case the DB connection will _not_ be
> through ssh, so it will be unencrypted and insecure.
>
> From Mike's initial mail I got the impression that he
> wanted the connection to the PostgreSQL server to go
> through ssh (which is basically a good thing, because
> you get ssh's authentication and encryption features).

Youch. You're absolutely on the spot. I forgot that by using pgAdmin
directly, I'll be giving up a secured/encrypted connection by way of
ssh. The secured connection is very important. Oh well, I suppose
becoming more proficient with postgresql from the console can't be a
bad thing.

Mike