RamDisk

From: <jason(dot)servetar(at)ccgenesis(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RamDisk
Date: 2004-06-08 18:45:26
Lists: pgsql-performance

I am putting together new server to deal with huge burst loads of
traffic. I have been reading up on performance recommendations on the
site and am interested to try a battery backed up ram disks for the wal
buffer. I would like to hear about types and brands of ram disk you have
tried out and if anyone has a make or type they love or hate. What kind
of pgbench improvements have you seen. ) Did anyone experience any linux
driver issues with their ram disk? We will probably run it with Redhat
(2.4.20), on an Opteron 8GB (2,4 or 8) cpu box (clients choice) with the
fastest raid system we can afford. Thanks for the info.