Re: Materialized views proposal

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Jonathan Gardner <jgardner(at)jonathangardner(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Materialized views proposal
Date: 2003-11-30 00:18:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jonathan Gardner <jgardner(at)jonathangardner(dot)net> writes:
> 3) We would implement some sort of differential view update scheme
> based on the paper "Efficiently Updating Materialized Views"[1].

One resource on this topic that appears to be quite authoritative is
"Materialized Views: Techniques, Implementations, and Applications" by
A. Gupta and I. Mumick (MIT Press, 1999). That might present the
material in a manner that is easier to grok than the original papers
themselves.

I didn't realize that it was possible to spend 600 pages only
discussing materialized views, but it apparently it is :-)

-Neil