Re: Materialized views proposal

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)tm(dot)ee>
To: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: Jonathan Gardner <jgardner(at)jonathangardner(dot)net>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Materialized views proposal
Date: 2003-11-30 12:57:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Neil Conway kirjutas P, 30.11.2003 kell 02:18:
> Jonathan Gardner <jgardner(at)jonathangardner(dot)net> writes:
> > 3) We would implement some sort of differential view update scheme
> > based on the paper "Efficiently Updating Materialized Views"[1].

Maybe the TelegraphCQ engine can give some ideas

http://telegraph.cs.berkeley.edu/

from brief reading, it seems that all they do is kind of materialized
views ;) - they call it Continuous Dataflow Processing, i.e. queries
that run continuously over incoming data.

Hannu