upgrading postgres from 7.0 to 7.1

From: pvissenb(at)csc(dot)com (Pieter Vissenberg)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: upgrading postgres from 7.0 to 7.1
Date: 2001-07-03 06:52:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear all,

I upgraded my PostgreSQL installation using Redhat's RPM.
I believe the start up script in /etc/rc.d/init.d has not
been changed.
The postmaster seems to be running smoothly (psql session
works fine).
However when I try to connect to the database via Apache
with PHP, I get an errormessage in the style of
'pconnect() failed. Is the postmaster (with -i) running
and listening to port 5432 ?'

When I run phpinfo(), Psql is still mentionned, so I did
not install any new version of PHP, or PHP-pgsql*.rpm.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? How could I solve
this?

many thanks,

Pieter Vissenberg