Re: upgrading postgres from 7.0 to 7.1

From: "Chad R(dot) Larson" <chad(at)eldocomp(dot)com>
To: Pieter Vissenberg <pvissenb(at)csc(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: upgrading postgres from 7.0 to 7.1
Date: 2001-07-11 00:03:12
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 11:52:47PM -0700, Pieter Vissenberg wrote:
> The postmaster seems to be running smoothly (psql session works
> fine). However when I try to connect to the database via Apache
> with PHP, I get an errormessage in the style of 'pconnect()
> failed. Is the postmaster (with -i) running and listening to port
> 5432 ?'

Does "pg_ctl status" indicate that the postmaster is running with
the "-i" switch? That is needed for the postmaster to accept TCP/IP
connections.

Then check the contents of your pg_hba.conf file in your $PGDATA
directory. It should have an entry for the host from which you're
connecting. For example, if you're running the Apache server on the
same machine as the database engine, a line like:

local all trust

would suffice.

-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22) chad(at)eldocomp(dot)com
Eldorado Computing, Inc. 602-604-3100