Re: Postgres 8.1.4 sanity_check failed on SuSE 8.2

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Johannes Weberhofer, Weberhofer GmbH" <office(at)weberhofer(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres 8.1.4 sanity_check failed on SuSE 8.2
Date: 2006-09-06 13:47:04
Lists: pgsql-general

"Johannes Weberhofer, Weberhofer GmbH" <office(at)weberhofer(dot)at> writes:
> while the regression tests, there is one that fails:

Repeatably, or did you only see this once? There's a known timing issue
that explains this, but it's only been seen once or twice that I know of.

* src/test/regress/: expected/sanity_check.out,
sql/sanity_check.sql: Tweak sanity_check regression test to display
more tables (viz, those without indexes) but not to display temp
tables. It's a bit hard to credit that sanity_check could get
through a database-wide VACUUM while the preceding create_index
test is still trying to clean up its temp tables ... but I see no
other explanation for the current failure report from buildfarm
member sponge.

The report alluded to is
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=sponge&dt=2006-08-05%2021:30:02