Re: basic questions with odbc and visual basic.

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Ed Brown" <ebrown(at)arcompanies(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: basic questions with odbc and visual basic.
Date: 2004-09-27 18:43:44
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> Yes, you can, if you are willing to handle the save yourself. I also
> prefer
> Delphi but have done a lot of VB coding. I wrote some libraries to
handle
> the back end, but the core is something like:
>
> sConnection = "DSN=" & SomeDSN & ";UID=" & SomeUser & ";PWD=" &
> SomePasswd & ";"
> Set cnn = New ADODB.Connection
> cnn.Open sConnection
>
> Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
> Set comm = New ADODB.Command
> comm.CommandText = "update t set [] where f = k?"
> comm.Execute

In this case the recordset is read only then? I need to find some way
to allow the data aware components to work. I did some more research
and found there supposedly is an 'update criteria' property to fix the
update problem
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;190727 but that
doesn't work. Can it really be there is no way to edit data in data
aware controls in access/vb?

Merlin