Re: basic questions with odbc and visual basic.

From: "Gary Doades" <gpd(at)gpdnet(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: basic questions with odbc and visual basic.
Date: 2004-09-27 18:59:10
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> In this case the recordset is read only then? I need to find some way
> to allow the data aware components to work. I did some more research
> and found there supposedly is an 'update criteria' property to fix the
> update problem
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;190727 but that
> doesn't work. Can it really be there is no way to edit data in data
> aware controls in access/vb?
>
> Merlin

I gave up trying to use data-aware controls in VB a very long time ago
(about 3 weeks after trying to get them to work AFAIR). I have used MS
SQLServer and Sybase SQL Anywhere with VB 6.

If you use readonly recordsets to fetch data and simple update/insert
commands to change data, the whole thing is much easier and more
efficient in the long run.

You probably can get it to work eventually. I did for small utilities and
such, but would not consider it for anything serious.

Cheers,
Gary.